While you search out yourself I'll busy myself learning by letting others see who I am by my actions towards them and through the way I choose to live my life. I may not always know who I am but God does and so long as I live through him my way will be made clear and my actions righteous and I will know that I am good and loved and what could be more fufilling than that?

-ME

Please Make Donations so I can Continue to Write Posts!
http://www.pleasefund.com/pages/3059

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Will I really have a child when I am old?’ Is anything impossible for the Lord?” – Genesis 18:13,14

So I am signed up to receive these daily bible verses through email and I literally "LOLed" when I read this one today. Not for the reasons you'd think but mainly due to a conversation I've had recently on the plans I'd made falling through or not coming to fruition in the way's in which I'd like. Like most little girls I had always planned on meeting my sweetheart when I was in high school or in the early years of college, getting married and starting a family around... oh probably 24 or 25. I wanted to be a young parent but for some time now I've been feeling that clock ticking and day by day my grip on that ideal dream seems to be slipping. Many of you reading this have read the prologue to my blog and know that yes yes I am ONLY 21 but the way I see it is I'm 21 now, single, no prospects of marriage in the near future, and to have kids by 24... well that means I have 3 years to meet someone get married and then preggers... hmmm... see now! So I was having this conversation with someone just the other day and they came back at me with that old saying "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans", so now you can see why the reaction to the above quote from my inbox this morning was a rather silly giggle fit. God is so present in everything and I'm seeing it more and more every day as I open myself up to it, every little thing is a message just takes that 20/20 hindsight vision to be able to see it clearly I suppose.

Another challenge I'm having is with the fable "quit looking and you'll end up married". Took me what seems like ages to figure out what they were talking about because, to me, its practically impossible to stop looking... I see potential or lack there of in everyone I meet! What I failed to realize was in "looking" I was giving off the vibe that I was not happy with being alone or I was ignoring the need to build that friendship before jumping into having deeper "feelings" for that person of interest, which we all know, scares people off, man or woman. I need to be content with myself, as we all do, and build relationships minus the romance and physical and just leave the attraction and feelings and such to the big man upstairs. I'm just realizing I may be having trouble putting my thoughts on this subject into words in a way that will convey my feelings accurately but I guess what I mean in a nut shell is that I need to be focused on being happy in my life, with myself and where I am at and am going. I need to focus on building quality friendships, broadening my mind and world, meet as many new people as I can and learn as much as I can from them and eventually someone will appear in my life that will just fit... hopefully! haha. I'm learning that to know what you want in another person you first have to know who you are and what really makes you happy, so happy that you shine from the inside out. Then and only then will you be able and ready to share your life. In my modest opinion.

Ugh enough rambling for today! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar plan to get married around 25ish, and then have children after a year or two of marriage. However, as I got older I realized that I was not mature enough for marriage or even serious dating. I'm 28 now, and fairly recently single, but my last relationship (almost 2 years) taught me a lot about how to be a good bf, and basically matured me in the relationship sense. I always seem to find someone when I'm not looking, but like you, I feel as though I'm always looking. I don't want to ramble too much, but I have enjoyed your thoughts so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input I'm glad your enjoying my ramblings :)

      Delete

Followers