While you search out yourself I'll busy myself learning by letting others see who I am by my actions towards them and through the way I choose to live my life. I may not always know who I am but God does and so long as I live through him my way will be made clear and my actions righteous and I will know that I am good and loved and what could be more fufilling than that?

-ME

Please Make Donations so I can Continue to Write Posts!
http://www.pleasefund.com/pages/3059

Thursday, July 12, 2012

"And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making YOUR mind over, that YOU may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. "

– Romans 12:2

"YOU should put away the old personality which conforms to YOUR former course of conduct and which is being corrupted according to his deceptive desires; but that YOU should be made new in the force actuating YOUR mind, and should put on the new personality which was created according to God’s will in true righteousness and loyalty."

 – Ephesians 4:22-24

YOU, therefore, beloved ones, having this advance knowledge, be on YOUR guard that YOU may not be led away with them by the error of the law-defying people and fall from YOUR own steadfastness. 18 No, but go on growing in the undeserved kindness and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him [be] the glory both now and to the day of eternity. 

– 2 Peter 3:17,18

I had one of those lonely days yesterday where I questioned the friendships and relationships in my life and wondered if its all worthwhile. Sometimes I am surrounded by people who care about me and sometimes I feel so utterly alone and I just don't understand why that is. Why is it that some days my phone wont stop buzzing at me and other times I look through my contacts wondering who I can call because I just need to talk. I had this epiphany yesterday though, in the midst of everything, that God wanted me to talk to Him. God knew how stressed I was, how lonely I felt, and how much I needed a friend and really, honestly, who better? I got to take a good look in the Bible and found the above verses and they just spoke to me.

God was able to draw me to him through my faith, my belief in him and the advice that was provided by Him through His words and stories just spoke right to my soul. We so often seek advice from others, friends and relatives, maybe significant others because we feel like they have been there or would know better when in reality is their advice always the most sound? I can tell you who's is, God! Pretty good epiphany I'd say... I mean literally as soon as I opened my Bible that lonely angst dispersed and I became so consumed in the words of scripture and in my own thoughts and prayers before I knew it hours had passed and I felt like I'd just had the most rewarding conversation! I also took a good look in the mirror... was I the best friend that I could be to my friends?... well I honestly do try to be... always have... but we can always improve and I plan to do just that. Another hard question: Would  I date me? Its a hard question to look in the mirror and answer honestly in full self awareness but again I am going to be working on that as well.

That is all I have today. I noticed I am getting some traffic on here surprisingly and I want to let all of you know that I am open to comments, advice, scripture readings, any thoughts and prayers you might have so please comment and tell me if you like anything I have to say or ... well even if you don't!

Blessings,

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers